In addition to the main speakers, various different supporting roles are required to make sure every meeting runs as smoothly as possible.
- Toastmaster – the Toastmaster acts as the meeting’s genial host, introducing participants and making sure everything runs to time.
- Timekeeper – the Timekeeper helps the meeting run on schedule by timing each of the participants and providing timing reports.
- Harkmaster – the Harkmaster helps to encourage effective listening during the meeting by compiling questions and running a quiz session at the end.
- Grammarian – the Grammarian encourages and commends good use of language by speakers and other meeting participants.
- Evaluator – an Evaluator provides constructive and encouraging feedback to help a speaker to improve.
- Topicsmaster – the Topicsmaster plans and runs Table Topics, the impromptu speaking section of each meeting.
- Topics Evaluator – the Topics Evaluator gives a short evaluation for each table topic speaker.